Online Sunday School - April 11
For Preschoolers, Children, and Youth
“The Ascension: Jesus Goes Back to Heaven!”
Memory Verse: (Angels speaking) “They said, “Men of Galilee, why are you standing here looking into the sky? You saw Jesus taken away from you into heaven. He will come back in the same way you saw him go.” Acts 1:11
- Why were the disciples staring up at the sky?
- Is Jesus in heaven since the Ascension, or is he in your heart? Where do you think he is? Let children discuss. Answer: He is in heaven and in you if you have become a Christian.
- Is Jesus able to hear all our prayers? Yes.
- How does Jesus do that, with people praying all around the world, from refugee camps and sickbeds and everywhere else? There is a definite way he hears… Through the Holy Spirit.
- The Holy Spirit is the third person in the Trinity. He is very real, like God and Jesus. He is the one who lives in the hearts of Christian and yet is a part of Jesus at all times.
- How did the 2 angels say Jesus would return?
- Some Christians feel that Jesus will come back soon — we’ll have a new heaven and a new earth. How do you feel about that?
- This is an important question, because some kids are afraid that they will “miss out on things.” Especially older children can express things like, “I’d like to get married and have kids” in a world they know and are accustomed to. Others who have been in unhappy situations, such as being chronically bullied, will have a more enthusiastic take.
- Whenever and whatever Jesus replaces upon his return, it will be with something far better.
Preschoolers: “Jesus Ascension”
Children: “Jesus Resurrection….and Ascension”
Youth: “Did Jesus Christ Ascend to Heaven?”
Stories: Pastor Doug shares a folktale that reveals a biblical truth about standing strong against temptations.
The Gospel of Mark: Good News
Mark 10:1-10 - Amazing Grace Jesus - Pastor Doug teaches from Mark 10:1-10 about that time when Jesus was questioned about whether a husband could legally divorce his wife, and Jesus confronted them about how their hard hearts keep them from extending the kind of amazing grace that God offers everyone.
Join Us live through a video chat for our study of Mark on JitsiMeet. Just click that fuzzy image below. We gather to study every Sunday Morning 9:15 AM (MDST). You will be joining those who are onsite in the fellowship hall - https://meet.jit.si/Goshen-herb-camel-0708