Online Sunday School - April 4, 2021
For Preschoolers, Children, and Youth
“Jesus Is Alive!”
Memory Verse: “And just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glorious power of the Father, now we also may live new lives.” Romans 6:4 (NLT)
Questions: (answers below “Youth” video)
- Why did Jesus have to die?
- Did God want Jesus to be killed?
- Did it hurt Jesus when people were mean to Him?
- Why couldn't somebody else die on the cross?
For Preschoolers: “Jesus Song”
For Children: “1, 2, 3, Jesus is Alive!” Song
“What is Easter?”
For Youth: “Rise!” Easter Drama Presentation
- Why did Jesus have to die? Jesus came to earth knowing that He would one day die. He died because people needed a Savior.
- Did God want Jesus to be killed? No. God created people to be perfect, but then people did bad things. But because God's love for us is great, He sent Jesus to redeem our sins.
- Did it hurt Jesus when people were mean to Him? Yes. Jesus had feelings. He felt pain and sadness when He was on the cross.
- Why couldn't somebody else die on the cross? Jesus is the only One who could die on the cross and be the Savior because He never sinned.
The Easter Test - Each year, during our pancake breakfast, while the kids are being led on an Easter Egg hunt, the adults learn a little bit more about what the Bible records of Jesus' resurrection and a few interesting cultural Easter traditions by taking and going over the answers to the annual Easter Test. We are not having our regular events, so we can have two worship services. But you can still take the test using these pdf files. I hope that you enjoy them... and share the good news that Jesus has risen from the grave!
The Test with the answers is further down.
Don't Cheat - Its Easter - Go back up and take the test.... Either way you will learn a little bit more. Enjoy!