Online Sunday School - Dec. 27, 2020
Preschoolers and Children: “The Story of Christmas: Jesus and the Wise Men”:
Children: “The Wise Men | Three Gifts for the King of Kings”:
Youth: “Gold, Frankincense, and Myrrh”
Read Matt 2: 1-12
- Who were these wise men?
- How many wise men visited Jesus? [We don't know. People assume three because of the three gifts they brought. There is reason to believe there may have been as many as a few dozen wise men accompanied by guards and servants. The group was so large that it may have frightened King Herod. (Sandy Silverthorne. The Awesome Book of Bible Facts. Eugene Oregon: Harvest House Publishers.)]
- What happened to the star when the Magi visited Herod?
- How old was Jesus when the Magi arrived? (some say two years old or why else would Herod have the children under two killed?)
- What kinds of gifts did they bring?
- How useful were these gifts? [helped them survive in Egypt]
- Why didn’t the wise men return to Herod?
”When the wise men saw the star, they were filled with joy. They went to the house where the child was and saw him with his mother, Mary. They bowed down and worshiped the child. They opened the gifts they brought for him. They gave him treasures of gold, frankincense, and myrrh. Matthew 2:10-11
Join Us live in a video chat study of Mark on JitsiMeet at on Sunday Morning 9:15 AM (MDST) - https://meet.jit.si/Goshen-herb-camel-0708