Online Sunday School - Feb. 21, 2021
For Preschoolers, Children, and Youth!
Memory Verse: “All of you together are the body of Christ. Each one of you is a part of that body.” I Corinthians 12:27
- What is your favorite body part? This might seem like a strange question, but really…which is the most important? If you had to LOSE one part of your body (yes, slightly morbid thought) or ability, what would it be?
- These can be tough questions because essentially we need all of our body parts to work together for our tasks.
- The same is true for us, the church!
- Why is it important to be part of a church?
- The church is not the only way to serve God, but it allows us to be one part of a whole group that serves Christ.
- That group is made of us as individual people, and we all have unique abilities from God that can be used for Him.
- How loudly can you clap with only one hand? How well can you write without using a thumb?
- Even parts of our body that seem insignificant or not as critical can actually be quite important. If your pinkie toe hurts, it blocks thinking from quite a lot of other things. Sometimes in a church or on a team of any sort, people want to leave if they are not seen as the most important part.
- But all of us work together to achieve something. Or think of a music band. If everyone played the same line of music and the same instrument, it would sound pretty boring (imagine a dozen clarinets repeating the march of Bolero over and over and over…). Having different voices combine to form a larger group is what makes music out of noise. Most importantly, we must remember that it is GOD who places us in our roles as a body.
- Nobody, not even pastors, can do everything…and we are not meant to do so! God wants us to cooperate and use each other’s talent and ability to make anything possible. Sharing resources, time, and especially our gifts is what makes things work. This applies to individual and small group needs as well as on a broader level. Sometimes we want to be someone we aren’t…but God chose who He wants us to be.
Preschool and Children’s Song:
Preschool: “Mr Potato Head | One Body Many Parts”
Children: “Trackers All Have Spiritual Gifts (Trackers of Faith! by Seedbed Kids)”
Youth: “The Body Of Christ”
"For Story Lovers of all Ages" has moved to a New YouTube Channel. Pastor Doug has collected all of the stories he has recorded to a new YouTube Channel called "Stories." You can listen to your favorite stories on this new channel any time.
This is one of the first stories I recorded, and is my favorite. It is two stories in one. It is called "Hardy Hardhead." It is one of my favorites and goes along well with this week's sermon on the unity that comes when we use our God given gifts together, as God desires.
"Walkabout Jesus" - Mark 7:24-37 - Pastor Doug shares the good news from the Gospel of Mark 7:24-37. Jesus travels from Galilee to Tyre, then to Sidon, and back to the Decapolis. Unable to escape, even in these far reaches, what people were saying about Him. Despite His command not to talk, people can keep from doing so.
Join Us live through a video chat for our study of Mark on JitsiMeet. Just click that fuzzy image below. We gather to study every Sunday Morning 9:15 AM (MDST). You will be joining those who are onsite in the fellowship hall - https://meet.jit.si/Goshen-herb-camel-0708