Online Sunday School - May 9, 2021
For Preschoolers, Children, and Youth
Memory Verse: “Her children bless her.” Proverbs 31:28
- Think of a woman in your life that has spent more time helping you than any other person.
- What kinds of things does your mother do to take care of you?
- In His Word (the Bible) God tells us that we are to respect our mothers. Read Leviticus 19:3
- What does this word mean: “respect”? Respect means that we are to hold that person in a special place in our hearts, and think highly of them.
- Read Ephesians 6:1-3
- God promised us a BLESSING for honoring our parents.
- What does that word mean: “honoring” It is sort of a combination of respect and obey. It means holding them in high regard, caring about what they say, listening to them, and obeying them in the Lord.
- But what blessing does God promise us? It makes sense that if you do what your parents tell you to do that you may live longer. For example: They tell you not to play in the street, because it’s dangerous. OR They tell you not to smoke because it’s bad for your health. You will probably live longer if you do not do these two things. But, God is also talking about special blessings that He will give you because you have obeyed Him, by honoring your mother and father.
- Take time to honor your mom today and every day!
Preschoolers and Children: “Mother’s Day Song – My Beautiful Mommy”
Children: “Moms are Awesome!”
Youth: “Mother’s Day Youth Skit”
The Gospel of Mark: Good News
Join Us live through a video chat for our study of Mark on JitsiMeet. Just click that fuzzy image below. We gather to study every Sunday Morning 9:15 AM (MDST). You will be joining those who are onsite in the fellowship hall - https://meet.jit.si/Goshen-herb-camel-0708